Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All good things must come to an end.


When I entered my senior year of high school I knew that an English class would be mandatory to graduate, and I was already dreading it. On the first day of school I received my schedule and luckily enough my English class wasn't until fourth block of my last semester, but as the days drew closer I was already worrying about the work I would have to do and my senior project. The day finally came and I walked into my senior English class. The teacher made her introduction and as I awaiting to hear her say get your paper and pencils out and come get a text book, she said welcome to Globaloria and that is when the tables were flipped. All of my work was to be done on the computer and my senior project was to create a video game.

I then became very excited, and i figured that the class would be very easy but I soon found out I was very wrong. We would be keeping a learning log, social profile and a blog which were very simple as long as you kept up with your work. The class would also be learning flash as well as all of the other things a regular English class would with our online text book. As we really started learning things began to be very difficult, especially in flash we had so many codes. Everyday in this world we called Globaloria was a challenge, and things were also beginning to fall into place. Our games were begging to work and our pages were looking great.

This class was amazing and a great experience, that I wouldn't trade for anything. Things got difficult but I never gave up, and in the end I had a good game and a great time. I got the chance to learn in flash and be able to use my creativity in a great educational way. I loved this class and would suggest it to anyone, it is a great and easy way to learn. I am so glad I got to experience Globaloria, so thank you to the people who are over it and my incredible teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the class and the project as much as you did. I hope that you keep your blog. You are good at it! Thanks for all of the kind words.

    ReplyDelete